November 2nd, 2014

Старая граница, Униформа

Береговая батарея № 1 Лиепаи

Battery No. 1, the Northern Coast and the Land Artillery Stands.
The fortification system was built up as a combined lunette of coast artillery and repulsing front land offensive. The fortifications were erected during 1896 -- 1902, made of German cement that was brought by Russia and in barrels, delivered to the Liepāja Port. There were concrete basements for cannon gunpowder at the back of this battery, in the swamp next to Viestura iela.

Collapse )